• Banner4.jpg
  • Banner3.jpg
  • Banner1.jpg
  • Banner13.jpg
  • Banner12.jpg

Welcome to St Joseph's Catholic Church, Ansdell, Lytham St Annes.


SJA Logo Colour AltThe site has been designed to help you find information about activities in the Catholic parish of St Joseph's in Ansdell, Lytham St Annes.

Each week, this page is refreshed with parish news. The Feasts & Intentions page is also refreshed weekly with both mass times (including any weekly changes) and which feasts and intentions are being celebrated each day of the coming week.

Whether you are moving into the parish, are passing through or are just curious to know more about us, here you will find a wealth of information about our Catholic Community; our worship of God; and our service to the wider community alongside the other Christian Churches in Ansdell and Fairhaven.

We hope that you enjoy the site and welcome any feedback you may have.



New This Week (1 / 2 November 2014)

Tea & Coffee:
Tea & coffee is served in the Hall after 9.00am Mass this Sunday and most Sundays. A great opportunity to come and meet other parishioners. Everyone is welcome.
Paul Whittle: 
Paul would like to thank parishioners and friends who have been very generous with their prayers and good wishes over the last few months. The latest scan shows that all is clear. Thanks be to God.
Bell Restoration Appeal: 
Whilst we have achieved our target amount of £35,000 being 75% of the total cost we still have three on-going events, the proceeds of which will go towards the remaining 25% of the total cost: 
Unwanted Present Sale: 
Saturday 15th November at 10am. Free entry and free tea/coffee. This will include a Bottle Tombola and a Cake stall. Unwanted Presents can be left in the box at the back of church. Cakes should be brought to the Hall on the day. 
One Voice Community Choir: 
The One Voice Community Choir will perform a Christmas Concert in church on Wed 10th Dec. Tickets, which include wine & nibbles, will be on sale from the end of October, price £5. 
Liberty Doyle: 
Sponsored Run. We are immensely grateful to Liberty for her initiative in completing a sponsored run for the bell restoration appeal - a great achievement! Sponsors are asked to pay their promised amounts as soon as possible. 
Hospice 200 Club: 
Subscriptions for the 200 Club are due now. The collections will be this weekend 25th/26th October and 1st/2nd November. Subscription is still £12.00 for the year and, as usual, there will be 2 Draws in the year. Last year we sent £1,850 to the Hospice. New members are always welcome. Just see the Committee members at the back of Church. Thank you.
BASE 4:12:
We are back on Thursday the 6th of November! Our youth group will be meeting in the Church Hall from 7pm until 8.30pm. Cost £1. Please come down and see what we are all about.
This weekend we will be collecting Food & Toiletries for the Food Bank at St. Cuthbert’s Blackpool. Thank you for your support.
Women Together In The Diocese:
There will be an Advent day on Saturday the 22nd of November, led by Fr Philip Connor from Castlerigg. Further details can be found on the poster at the back of Church, or call the number in this weeks bulletin.
The Sacramental Preparation Program (First Holy Communion): 
The program for children in year 3 or above who wish to make their First Holy Communion in June 2015 will be starting soon. There will be a meeting for parents with Fr. David and the catechists on Thursday the 27th of November at 6.30pm. Would parents who wish their child to be part of this preparation please phone Mrs. Drake. See this weeks bulletin for phone contact details. 
HMP Kirkham:
HMP Kirkham are holding their annual Carol Service on Thursday the 18th of December and as usual invite people to join them. Start time to be advised later. Names of attendees to be advised in advance, so if you are interested, please sign up on the sheet at the back of Church - Thank you. 
Piety Stall:
Christmas is coming...Christmas cards, ornaments and gifts will be on sale from the vigil Mass on Saturday November the 1st along with our usual assortment of cards etc.
Wednesday Word:
The Wednesday Word is available from the back of church to help prepare for next Sunday’s readings. 
Dates This Week: 
  • Thu 4.00pm House Group
  • Thu 6.30pm SVP Meeting
  • Thu 7.00pm Bell Ringing 
  • Fri 2.00pm Tea & Chat
  • Fri 7.30pm Choir
Contact Details
Fr. David Burns
Parish Priest
The Presbytery
St. Joseph's Catholic Church,
16 Woodlands Road,
Lytham St Annes,
Tel: 01253 737037
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
St Josephs Ansdell

Subscribe to our weekly bulletin

Subscribe Here
If you would like to subscribe to the St Josephs Bulletin, please enter your details.

Please note, you may need to add the email address admin@st-josephsansdell.net to your safe senders list in your email software, to prevent the bulletin being seen as spam. Thank you and God Bless.